Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Still sick and quite busy

So, you know how your other half gets sick, and as much as you try not to get it, you end up even more sick than they were? Well, for the first time, I was sick first. Usually, Butch gets a cold and comes home and is better in like a day.....then I get it. I'm sick for weeks after that. But, anytime you see the doctor, they won't prescribe anything before you end up with bronchitis. Then they're all like-"Why didn't you come in?" ......well, why waste my money, you're not going to do anything except tell me to take tylenol and drink fluids. Sorry, got on a rant there, but you know what I mean.
This time however, the cold, had been passed around my office several times. I'd been lucky and not really had it, until now. I have now used enough decongestant to knock an elephant to it's knees, and blown a river ...........um sorry, you really don't want to know that. The point is, and there is one, this time, I got Butch sick. We're like crack whores with the vaporizor. They do look at you funny when you go through the check out line with a case of tissue. (while you're ripping one of the boxes open) I guess I could say we're getting better, but that's a relative term. I'll let you know how that's going in a week or two.

Last Saturday evening, being well stocked with tissue in every possible pocket, we went to see a show at a local university. We saw Jeff Dunham and his little people. (oh, stop, not a "little person", he's a ventiloquist) The 7pm show had been sold out and they added a second show that we were lucky enough to get tickets. Started at 9:45pm. He does an old man named Walter, and I'm telling you, Walter is hysterical. One of Walters rants is about his wife and getting married. He says that he didn't know that when they said "til death you do part" that he was setting goals. That was one of the many things we were giggling about when we got married......we were "setting goals"!

No comments: