Thursday, November 20, 2008

Orchard

Last Saturday, I needed to go buy some honey at one of the orchards nearby. It's always best when it comes right from the bee. This honey always has a wonderful apple flavor to it, (d'oh, I wonder why it tastes like that) and is really tasty. I only went for honey, but ended up spending 50 bucks. Since we didn't get to the apple harvest festival this year, I needed some baking apples, so I got a 1/2 bushel of Staymans. They also have homemade pie fillings there too. Hey, when I say it is homemade, it doesn't necessarily mean the homemade was in my kitchen! I've been buying quarts of honey and the price went from $9.oo to $12.oo the last time I got a bottle. I've been thinking about it, and I decided to take the plunge and buy a gallon. Which actually is a better bargain, cause it is only $25.00, so really I got it at half the price. Honey doesn't go bad and I know that sooner more so than later, it will all be used up. The best part was butch trying to pour out of a gallon jar with a wide mouth on it. I just wish someone I knew-who loved honey in his tea way more than I do, would let me buy him a queen bee, so he could start his hives again!



So, this is some of what I came home with, and below is the RUM/apple pie some of it became. yum.

No comments: