Tuesday, April 21, 2009

80

Lydia turned 80 on 17 April. She can still kick my ass. Someday I want to grow up like my mom and my Aunts.....tough ole' broads! That, of course, is meant in the bestest way.

Aunt Betty and Mom, in front of Uncle Firmans race car-sometime in the 50's

At the wedding

I am not going to cry, I am not going to cry...
oh, hell I am.
Just give a thumbs up, Lyd.



Dammit, you better not take that picture.



You damn kids!


80!
All I can say, is I have the best Mom anyone could have. She gave me her "won't do anything hair", her grace and co-ordination, her butt (okay, I'm outdoing her on that one) and her mom's love. She was at the hospital every day while I was in traction, carried my sorry butt around when I was in a body cast, and carried my really sorry can't walk body to PT, so I could learn to walk. She has bailed me out, bitched me out, and took me out. She's grounded me, hounded me, and drove me. I once watched my mom, (who could water ski like crazy, but could not swim) try to drown in 2.5 feet of water. (I did save her) In my defense, I was not the idiot that pushed her in. She drove back and forth to Delaware, with children in the back telling her if she could merge into the left lane of I-95. And you know the angels we were, we would always have to give her the all clear and then scream. You'd have thought she would have left us somewhere. I'm not saying she might not have tried, but we always managed to beat her back to the car. She can whip a station wagon down a sidewalk and then be indignant that a tree had the audacity to be in the middle of the road, which was of course, the sidewalk.
I really don't know why she puts up with us.
I'm just glad she does.
PS-Lyd, sorry about the pictures. LYK1









No comments: