Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowbound with Betsy!

What is the name of a book that I had to read in 1st grade. Just call me Betsy.

Those of you in FLA....could you send the longjohns and electric socks back to PA?

Or you could just send some of your COLD weather-at this point, I'd be real happy with 40 degrees. As I type.....it's 11 out.

You could pretty much figure out my feelings on winter. Not much of a secret here. But, you know, come on, please, enough already.

The weather channel says we got anywhere from 28.5 inches to 32 inches. I don’t know how they can tell, since it drifted and blew around so much. All the doors were snowed up against except the front door, and that was saved because of the porch on the front of the house. The porch still needed to be shoveled, but at least it hadn’t reached up the door. butch was antsy once it stopped snowing, and went out to shovel the porch, so we could shovel/blow the snow this morning. But then he saw just how much was up against the garage doors. His estimate…42 inches. He shoveled down the sidewalk just to get to the doors, and then had to shovel in front of them so we could get the damn doors open without having 4 feet of snow fall inside. So we (him) couldn’t stand to let it go, and boy are we (me) glad we didn’t. We were outside doing just the front and it took going on 3 hours.

I need to get me WAY closer to the equator than this!


The Goldfinches, never stopped

Yup, it'll be spring before she goes anywhere

The Hula glass...was full of snow-i'm sorry, that's just wrong

Ok, I really don't think it's necessary to have snow deeper than the snow blower!

No comments: