Monday, September 13, 2010

what's that alarm going off??

so you go out of the room and people are standing there trying to figure out what's going on. then a hotel worker comes out the stairs and starts calling to evacuate the building. so,I calmly get butch from the room (I run in yelling-fire-fire-fire-get your wallet and the cell phones!!!) I grab my purse, camera, and iPod and we head for the stairs.
I know this is terrible, but if I had started to see smoke, that old woman in front of me, holding up everyone as she struggled with the stairs.....she'd have had my footprints up her back. but since there was no visable immediate danger, I was good and didn't pick up that old bitch and carry her butt down. when we got down and out on the street, the first thing I noticed was the resorts workers were already outside and across the street. nice. course if I was one of them and making the kind of money they do-I really don't blame them.
I can't post pictures from here, but I'll follow up with shots of all the equipment the MBFD sent out to respond to a 1000 room resort on fire.
as it was, a sprinkle head was broken,and naturally that sets the alarm off.

No comments: