Monday, May 20, 2013

13-14 May

Phoenix, AZ

We didn't stay long in Phoenix.  It was 103 degrees and I'm sorry, but "oh, it's a dry heat" is bullshit.  If I stick my head in an oven it's a dry heat too, but I'm not going to do it either.

We went to Chase Field and saw the Diamondbacks play the Braves.  They lost...badly.
So our record is 1-1 or baseball.  Of course, pictures are on cell phone, and maybe someday I'll get them downloaded, but don't hold your breath on that one.  They had the roof closed and it was a beautiful 78 degrees inside.  Then they sang the national anthem and ta-daaaaa, opened the damn roof.  103 and they opened the roof.  Let the sweating begin.  It is a really nice ballpark.  They have a swimming pool and hot tub in center field bleachers.  Just our luck we didn't take our bathing suits......oh rats!  LOL

We also went out to Phoenix Racetrack and while it was closed, the guy in security let us go in and climb up Rattlesnake Hill and take some pictures.  The name doesn't lie, and I made sure I stomped my feet all the way so the damn snakes would hear me coming and go.  butch was looking for them. (eye roll here)


view from about halfway up with butch below

STOMP STOMP hey snakes, i'm coming


okay, so you leave Phoenix and it's like 2000 feet.  you then climb for about the next hour or so until you hit 6000 feet of so, in Flagstaff.  but what they don't tell you is that you also have to go down.  butch will never need jake brakes as long as he's got me braking from the passengers side.

Really?  if I turn here los angles is right around the corner?  love that signs do this.  but the Albuquerque reminds me of bugs bunny, who should have made that left turn in Albuquerque.

No comments: