Wednesday, June 12, 2013

12 June

Island Park, ID
We're heading into Yellowstone today.  I don't know how much I will be able to connect, since it is a National Park and not private, there is no wifi.  Also, don't know if there will be enough cell phone coverage to get hooked up through them either.  So, I may not be around for the next 12 days.  Just have to play it by ear, as always...
We've been fortunate that we haven't hit a lot of rain on our trip.  In fact, the last time we saw real rain was in Tennessee.  But, last night, just about the time butch put the steak and hamburger on the grill, it happened.  It rained enough that my poor black subie, which had been a nice shade of dirt, is now a polka-dotted mudpie.  I'm sitting here and it's thundering like crazy.  Loud. 
We went from 112 in the shade at Zion, to turning on the furnace this morning.  It was 63 degrees in here when the neighbors diesel truck cranked up at 6:15a.  course, butch sleeps through it, or just rolls over and starts snoring again, but i'm wide awake.  actually, I already was, but it was cold before furnace and I was snuggled down, warm in bed, so I was trying not to get up.
so, we'll pack up for somewhere around the 15th time (we're actually figuring it out) and head up to Montana and the into Wyoming and the park.
till next time....

me-Zion
we hiked up to the narrows but didn't have shoes to wade the river.
me=backpack, camera, bottles of water, gps, phone, sunscreen
him=cell phone

No comments: