Wednesday, June 26, 2013

9-22 June Part 1

Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone, Wyoming

12 days at Yellowstone....
no cell phone, no Internet, and an occasional Bing on the text messaging depending on where we drive in the park.  thankfully, we had satellite so I didn't have to tranquilize butch.



Yellowstone Lake behind the Fishing Bridge visitors center


one of the hot springs/vents on the east entrance side


view from Lake Butte overlook, or as butch kept calling it, lake butt
 

Old Faithful.  we only stayed for one eruption since it was blowing 40mph winds AND snowing (flurries)

hot spring

these are geysers that are actually in the lake


Black Pool
I know it doesn't look black but it is around the edges from the sinter. 
had a nice chat with a couple wearing ravens sweatshirts.  they were from dundalk.
 

 Upper Falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
 


Lower Falls

Dragons Mouth Spring
 

 Old Faithful on the day we actually walked around the geyser basin
 
Sawmill Geyser


Lions Geyser
it went off while we were right in front of it, which was cool cause it has no timetable that predicts its eruption
 

Gibbons Falls

Kneppler Falls
 
 
a wonderful friend of mine slipped some money in a going away card when I left work.  she, of course, would not take it back. (I will ALWAYS love a tough ole' broad!)  so, I hung onto it and this was what I bought with it.  no, not the falls, the hat!  it's big and doofy and I love it cause it keeps the sun off my face and when I have the sunglasses on, the hoards of fans that would constantly be bothering me, don't recognize me!  LOL
LOVE YOU ALWAYS NB!
oh, and since I forgot to bring a coat with me, there are plenty of pictures with me wearing the same blue sweatshirt.  and to think I nagged butch to make sure he didn't forget his, he's not let me forget that!

No comments: