Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chirp Chirp

says the little birds.

Burp says Biscuit the cat.

Okay, I was going to tell you about the silly-assed robin that built a nest in one of our little blue spruces. I tore the nest out once and she built it again and did this.....



awwwww isn't that cute. Except that I was not climbing a tree when I took this picture. That's standing on the ground shooting down into the tree. See some foreshadowing here? So, for a couple of weeks when I mowed back there, she would fly out and sit in the liliac behind us and cluck at me like crazy. I'd try to mow around it as quick as I could. A week or two ago, Butch heard some chirping and looked in to find one baby robin mouth begging for food. A couple of days went by and I was out mowing again, and this is what I saw.....



three little birds chirping at me. Don't know what happened to four, there are always egg shells all over the ground here.
So I'm out mowing today and I do my donuts around that little blue spruce, and peek in and all I see is feathers. Big mommy feathers everywhere, and little bits of baby down. It was like saying Biscuits (the neighborhood cat) was here. I motioned to Butch that the birds were gone and his comment was "Wondered how long it would be before they were kitty breakfast" .

I know, I know, it's nature.
Rats.
Damn cat.

No Disney ending here.

No comments: