Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hanging out

Not much going on lately, so I've been slacking on the entries.

Had a yard sale last weekend. Well, I guess I should say Miss V had a yard sale and I joined in. Believe it or not, I have never had a yard sale. Never even been to one. I know, it's hard to believe, but I do all I can to avoid them at all costs. There is no way I'm going to find some great treasure that the owner doesn't know about-ala Antiques Roadshow, and I have enough junk of my own. Hell, we moved two houses into one-we have 2 of almost everything. So we carted our crap, er, um-treasures over to V's. She helped me price things-how would I possibly know that a mismatched coffee cup would cost 10 cents. Well, Saturday comes bright and ungodly early I stumble over there and we proceed to "yard sale!" Let me tell you, people did not buy nearly enough crap. Butch had said, Don't bring anything home. If you have anything left, take it to Goodwill. There must have been hundreds of yard sales that day. There were entire communities that were one big yard sale. We didn't stand a chance back in her neighborhood. I made all of about 30 bucks and a sunburn. I think we're going to try having it at our house early in September. (after all, 2 races and a week at the beach in September are just not enough to do) We'll see if we have better luck here. I can't believe it was even my idea-I'm an idiot, what can I say.
We've also been working on renovating the other half of the Ringold street double house. We've got the kitchen gutted, and the dry wall hung. Next we have to work on grinding down the 4,000 nails that some dumas thought was the correct way to install the damn floor. We can't lay anything over them, cause they come right through. Oh, but the good news.....we bought a paint sprayer! You know this makes the painter happy. Got a great deal on a big Wagner-normally $198 marked down to $149, marked down to $99 as they were getting a new model and needed to move this one. Can't wait to see how much trouble I , um, I mean the painter can get into with that! Hey, all the carpets and everything is going to be torn out, so how bad could I be? I'll get back to you on that one....
Butch is doing his best to help stimulate the economy buy spending his government check on a new beer refrigerator for the garage. The old one was just so "inefficient", this will just save us a bunch of money in electric. uuum hmmm. He's out changing the door hinges on it now. Funny how that can make someone so happy.

gotta run...

No comments: