Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring 08 Richmond

okay, I'm late getting to this, but we've been really busy.
Here goes-
The weather was looking really bad all week before the race. I had every bit of rain gear packed and ready to go. Hey, we've spent quite a few spring Richmond races in the rain Saturday night, and racing on Sunday morning. You learn....eventually. We rolled down on Friday night, and spent the night at our favorite Flying J and met up with the guys Butch works with at Mack on Saturday morning. The day just got better and better weather wise. The worst we had was really windy.
btw, I took the camera but never took one pic.
The race was great, except for the squirrel wrecking Jr. I was glad Clint Bowyer won. All the newspapers and TV were saying that he stole the race. Nothing could be further from the truth. He ran an excellent race. Started like 31st and just methodically picked off cars, one by one, so that when the shit hit the fan, he was there to take advantage of it. Denny Hamlin just about stunk up the show. I imagine on TV it was probably pretty boring with the top 3 or 4 staying the same all night. I hope that they showed some of the real good racing going on back further. Like Clint.... there were a couple of Bowyer fans, one of them with us, and they had their chests stuck out when he won.
btw, I really hate that squirrel, bush.
I should have known it wouldn't happen. I saw Jr win his last race there at that prudy little track, and I really thought we might see him win this one. damn squirrel... and that's the nice name I have for him.

No comments: