Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bonanza Extravaganza

Again, I don't win any prizes at the big fireman's weekend. I came 4 numbers away from winning a Harley Fat Boy, but no, someone else has to roar off on it. Can't you just picture me TRYING to ride a motorcycle-big Harley or not! NOT!
There were no injuries this year, no major rivers running through our campsite. After last year, we went for the high and dry spots. We took the motorhome down on Thursday night, as they had the area secure, so we weren't worried about leaving it there overnight. (i was worried until we went down there and saw it would be ok)
Again, no pictures to protect the not so innocent.
Butch's buddy, the one, the only, James R Mills had staked out the camping sites and had everyone organized as to how they were going to park. as jimmy said, "this ain't my first rodeo, babe". jimmy also brought his usual assortment of home made wines. this year he had red raspberry, mandarin orange (again), and a huge jug of my favorite, blackberry. jimmy kinda held back on passing the blackberry around for everyone to try, so he could have me bring it home, since he knew it was my favorite. brought damn near half a gallon home! I'll tell you what, that is some damn good fortified wine. he kept asking me if i wanted some, and i kept telling him, well, just half a glass. At one point Friday night, butch had gone to bed, jimmy' wife had gone to bed, and one of the guys stayed because there was no way i was letting him drive home. there was still a bunch of us hanging out by the fire, when someone said, "what time is it?" and got an answer of quarter after three. i turned to jimmy and said, "i need to go to bed-now!" he said "okay, but would you like a little more wine?", to which i replied----"well, maybe half a glass!!!" maybe that's what he needs to name the blackberry-"Half a Glass"
but once again, we came home empty handed from the prizes. I'd love to bring one home, but that's just not my luck!

No comments: