Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Electric Woman and the Cat

Blondes have the tendency to have very fine hair. This is why when you go to the science center they always pick a little blonde kid to put his hand on the static electricity ball and his hair goes flying all over. This isn't as bad as you age, but you will always have this problem. Mostly, it's worse in the winter. Over the years, I have electric shocked computers to the point of having them crash. I cannot make one of those touch lamps work cause I electrocute it, and it won't work. I have learned to ground myself on the screws of light switches. Often, there will be a nice little blue arc of spark from me to whatever I'm closest.

This can be fun when I want to get back at someone. Or certain parts of someones anatomy.

Hey, how do you think I feel that between November and April I can't touch anything without making myself jump. It doesn't feel good to me either.

And now, the point....

I came home from work the other night and walked down to get the mail. On my way back up the drive, I noticed that Biscuit, the neighborhood cat was sitting very politely on our front porch step. So I started talking to him and slowly walked over to him. Now, Biscuit is the one that just loves butch, but will only come to me when the mockingbirds are chasing him. Well, he didn't run. He did one of those cat maneuvers where he rolls on his back saying look at me, don't you want to scratch my belly, and I was talking quietly to him. He got up and came over to the step for me to pet him. I reached down and put my hand out for him to sniff before I touched him.

This is when the Black Cat met the Electric Woman.

He had such a nice moist little black nose. I was truly sorry when I saw the spark come from my hand going towards it. But it was too late, there was nothing I could do at that point.

He didn't appreciate it much. I swear before he squeezed between the banister rails at a full run, that he flipped me the bird.

Could have been worse, at least I only got him on the nose!

No comments: